Thursday, October 04, 2007

The Sounds of Silence

Knitting blogs (including mine) are eerily quiet. Knitting needles have stopped clacking all over the world. Where have all the knitters gone???

They're at a BIG 'OL PARTY called RAVELRY!!

I was lucky enough to receive my invitation several weeks ago. So far, I've added my complete knitting library as well as my inventory of needles and photos of my stash. Then I went thru my knitting scrapbooks and added info on some of my completed projects as well. THEN, I started joining groups. The Pug Lovers group, the Heros group, the Grey's Anatomy group, the Baby cakes group, the....hmmmm maybe these groups are a bit out of control....anyway, then I started adding projects to my queue and I have quite enough to last for a while. It's just been so much fun - I've barely had time to knit - or work.

I'm a bit of a ravelry-aholic (there's a group for that too!!). I had to establish some rules. So: 1. No ravelry while I'm on the subway - I'll knit instead. (Of course, I don't have a computer on the subway anyway so...). Ok -that's the only rule. Still, ya gotta start somewhere.

Now, I have to get back to the party....er...I mean work.

No comments: