Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Wrap It Up

Sometime in the middle of winter while I was walking to work - after the point where I couldn't feel my earlobes anymore - I decided I needed some sort of hat/scarf combo that would cover my ears too.
I'd seen a few patterns & I even acquired some chunky ice blue wool yarn from Moma's that would look delightful with my new chocolate brown winter coat.
I started out with a pattern from my fave LYS The Point...it just didn't look like me. So, I pulled out Vogue Knitting: The Ultimate Knitting Book and set out to make my own pattern. I knew I wanted a large cable up the middle...
and I needed some sort of border so the sides wouldn't roll in...
as well as a border for the hat so it wouldn't roll up.
It came together quite quickly. I call it (W)rap Around Loo.

No comments: