Saturday, August 16, 2008

Another One Bites the Dust

During these Ravelympics, there's been almost as much knitting as swimming. I've just turned in my 3rd project - this one to the Baby Dressage Event.
The Quickie Baby Sweater was indeed quick. I only made one [unintentional] change to the pattern - the sleeve cuffs are seed stitch instead of ribbed...that's what happens when you knit during the Women's All-Around final. I was a tad concerned that the pattern & yarn combo was resulting in a cheap looking garment. I had visions of those knitted sweaters you sometimes see on tv which were obviously made with love cuz who would knit something that ugly just for fun. Like Nastia Liukin's father during the floor exercises, I was holding my breath during the dismount...I mean cast off. It turns out I was worried about nothing. I'm more than pleased with the results.
I've heard several commentators talk about how the structure of the pool in the Water Cube has contributed to the many World Records the swimmer's have broken during these Olympics. I may have somehow created a similar knitting environment. I'm flying thru my Ravelympics rotations. Tomorrow I'll start my next heat: Mrs Beeton.

No comments: